Are you looking to escape from the mundane or seek exciting travel experiences? Maybe you have a long list of items to cross off, and starting up has been the real issue. Do you have a bucket list of places you must visit before you hit a big milestone in your life and need daring ideas? Look no more! You know, when it comes to travel inspiration, the only limit is your imagination or money! When you have both, things start falling into place.
So whether you are seeking sun-soaked beaches in vibrant cities or scenic mountains in the country-sides, whether you’re seeking to discover new cultures or try out new cuisine, we’ve compiled a luxury escapes bucket list ideas for wanderlust jetsetters like you.
This article compiles 20 such places for you. These destinations are a sure delight and would leave you feeling fulfilled, refilled, and relaxed. So pack your bags, dig out your passport, and get ready to experience exotic adventures and luxury travel!
Luxury Escapes Bucket list ideas for Wanderlust Jetsetters 1: Explore the Wilds of Africa
You can never go wrong with including a trip to Africa on your luxury escape bucket list ideas for wanderlust jetsetters. From scenery to flora and fauna (yes, we have to use biological terms here), Africa ticks all the boxes for a wonderful travel experience.
African wild animals are acclaimed award winners with guests and travel professionals alike and are a major highlight of the African adventure.
There are over 40 extraordinary itineraries to choose from in the wilds of Africa. Some of them include:
- Go on a flying bush safari in Kenya and enjoy a wildebeest safari adventure in Tanzania. With its vast land area and natural forests, East Africa is home to one of the biggest safaris in the world. Experience the thrill of watching animals in their natural habitat. It is ideal for family travel, educational research, and tourist excursions.
- Visit the Pyramids of Giza in Egypt. An astounding architectural piece that is being studied all over the world is one of the surviving Seven Wonders of the World. The Pyramids are an attraction site any day, any time.
- Enjoy adventure activities near Victoria Falls in Zimbabwe and Zambia like whitewater rafting, bungee jumping, zip lines, and more.
- Experience gorilla trekking along Virunga Mountains in Rwanda.
- Explore nature and beaches in the north of Madagascar.
- Book a private boat to explore Mahe in Seychelles. Seychelles is known for its spectacular views of nature as well as beautiful coral reefs and beaches. It is a destination island in Africa.
Luxury Escapes Bucket list ideas for Wanderlust Jetsetters 2: Explore Europe
There are many luxury escapes bucket list ideas for wanderlust jetsetters in Europe. Every year, people travel around Europe in search of beautiful landscapes and beaches.
Whether it’s for skiing in winter, warm beaches in the summer, log cabin experiences, honeymoon vacations, food testing, wine tasting, Christmas travels, or art appreciation, there’s a place for every conceivable wanderlust idea. Some of these include:
- Explore the romantic city of Venice, Italy, with its winding canals, stunning architecture, and rich history. Stroll through the grand alleys and enjoy the music, dance, and culinary offerings of Italy.
- Visit the iconic island of Greece. Greece is known for its rich history, warm climate, majestic rivers, iconic architecture, beautiful scenery, and handsome people. It is best for summer travel.
- Get a private trip to the Oslo Fjords in Norway. Oslo is known for being a spectacular blend of the modern and historic in history, tradition, and architecture. Known for its majestic night skies, Norway is an anointed travel destination.
- Book a helicopter ride to get the best view of the French Riviera.
- The Swiss Alps are a must if you love winter sports. It has multiple spots for skiing, snowboarding, luxury mountain resorts, and warm Swiss chocolate.
- In France, you can enjoy a private tour of the Louvre Museum, one of the most famous art museums, with access to hidden rooms and collections, admire the iconic Eiffel Tower, famous for romance, and stroll through the beautiful Luxembourg gardens, finishing off with shopping on the famous Champs-Élysées.
- Indulge in a wine tour in Tuscany, Italy, or Bordeaux, France.
Luxury Escapes Bucket list ideas for Wanderlust Jetsetters 3: Exploring Australia
In Australia, there are unique, luxurious escapes where you can live it up in style, travel, and an entourage, from Kangaroo Island to tropical Queensland. Australia has some of the most unique creatures you’ll ever find on earth, and if you’re lucky, you might just share a meal with a kangaroo on the streets.
Australia also houses the largest and most beautiful coral reefs in the world, a testament to the Marines. Make sure to include one of the following in your luxury escapes bucket list ideas for wanderlust jetsetters.
- Enjoy a cocktail, aromatic Pandan Lamingtons, and nibble on dainty chicken at Fullerton Sydney, one of the newest luxury hotels in Australia’s most vibrant city.
- Pay a visit to the Great Barrier Reef, Daintree Rainforest, and the Cairns Aquarium in Queensland.
- Explore the extravagant settings and unforgettable nature of the Fiji Islands. With over 300 islands, take a helicopter ride to arrive at your preferred island, indulge in scuba diving, book a spa date, and experience golfing.
- Take a scenic helicopter tour of Milford Sound and explore one of New Zealand’s most picturesque destinations.
- Skydive over Queenstown and get the thrill of one of the most iconic landscapes in the world. Experience skiing, kayaking, skydiving, canyoning, and hiking in Lake Wanaka.
- Visit the iconic Sydney Opera House for a thrilling theater, dance, and opera performance.
Luxury Escapes Bucket list ideas for Wanderlust Jetsetters 4: Explore Asia
As the largest and most diverse continent, Asia holds sway over cultural festivals and culinary practices. Home to more than three world religions, it boasts magnificent temples and colorful religious festivals. It is also the best location for mountain climbing, as it has the highest mountain ranges. Whether you’re going for a religious retreat, self-discovery vacation, or ‘foodcation’, here are some destination luxury escapes bucket list ideas for wanderlust jetsetters.
- Relax and recharge in Bali, Indonesia. Bali has stunning beaches, serene temples, and vibrant culture.
- Discover the wonders of Japan. Visit the Prince Gallery in Tokyo and the Intercontinental Beppu Resorts and Spa. View the tall bronze statue of the Great Buddha in the Todai-ji temple, which is the largest wooden building in the world.
- Explore the captivating Indian Golden Triangle with its superb tiger safari, colorful festivals, and spicy food.
- Experience the treasures of southern Sri Lanka.
- Visit the Underwater Villa of the Muraka on the scenic island of Maldives. Relax on the beach and soak up the sun.
- Explore the tranquil and luxurious Six Senses Qing Cheng Mountain resort in Sichuan Province, China. The mountain has 36 peaks and is home to Giant Pandas and Buddhist and Taoist temples.
- Experience the art of sushi making with a sushi chef in Japan.
Luxury Escapes Bucket list ideas for Wanderlust Jetsetters 5: Exploring America
From the Caribbean Sea to the icy Arctic Ocean, the Americas are a luxury traveler’s paradise. Is it the mighty Amazon basin that houses a greater percentage of the world’s plant and animal species, or the magnificent waterfalls and rivers? Is it the alluring canyons and sprawling mountains or the expansive cattle ranches?
The Americas is truly a paradise. Discover some of the best luxury escapes bucket list ideas for wanderlust jetsetters:
- Take a helicopter tour of New York. City, past the gigantic Statue of Liberty.
- Explore Grande Lake in Orlando.
- Visit Brush Creek Ranch, one of the world’s best luxury resorts, in Wyoming.
- Explore Cartagena, home to upscale boutique hotels, world-class art galleries, and vibrant nightlife in Colombia.
- Experience the Galapagos world famous wildlife and visit the historical sites of Incan culture in Ecuador.
- Stop at the Uyuni Salt Flats of Bolivia to see the world’s largest mirror of multi-colored lagoons and Cactus Island.
- Visit the Clayoquot Wilderness Lodge on Vancouver Island, Canada.
- Visit Halekulani, an oasis of calm and elegant beachfront in Waikiki, Oahu.
- Explore the colorful island of Jumby Bay in Antigua and enjoy the white sands, turquoise waters, and a generous amount of yellow-tailed snappers and blue tang.
Luxury Escapes Bucket list ideas for Wanderlust Jetsetters 6: The Middle East
We leave the best for last. From sprawling expanses of desert to modern architectural beauty, world-class culinary offerings, and an assortment of sparkly fruits in abundance, to thriving technological advancements and brilliant sunsets, the Middle East has become the obvious wonder of the world. Here are some luxury escapes bucket list ideas for wanderlust jetsetters in the Middle East:
- Cruise through the Emirates Palace hotels in Dubai.
- Visit the Anantara desert island resort and spa and indulge in a huge list of activities, including snorkeling, scuba diving, or fishing in the Arabian Gulf.
- Chill out and swim in the Dead Sea in Jordan.
- Eat a luxurious meal at the Burj Khalifa in Dubai.
- Enjoy a sunset dinner cruise on a yacht, complete with gourmet cuisine and a stunning view of the city skyline.
Create Unforgettable Memories
Now that you know the places to satisfy those wanderlust cravings, have you ever thought of documenting your travel experiences in a unique and meaningful way? Pins are a way of recording memories and a simple but creative travel souvenir.
You can make pins from scenic photos or favorite buildings during your journey. They can also be designed in different colors and materials and in different shapes and sizes to suit your personal style and preferences. They can be pinned to your clothes or placed in your notebook, reminding you of where you have been and what you have seen, helping you recall every detail of your wanderlust experiences. You can also give your friends and family the pins to experience your travel fun. If this is your first time trying this commemorative method, you can see more pins at EnamelPins.com.
There you have the luxury escapes bucket list ideas for wanderlust jetsetters on the continents of the world. We believe that just reading through the profiles and names of these luxury escape locations has quickened a desire for travel in your mind. We hope you go for it and tick off those bucket lists that have been lying in your journal all these years.